Commonwealth club of Adelaide was formed in 1910 by Stanley H Skipper to establish a forum, whereby speakers could be invited to address members on topics of community interest.
The original charter stated:
“It is the purpose of the club to foster patriotism by encouraging the study of institutions, arts, history, literature, and resources of all countries, particularly Australia, and by endeavouring to unite Australians in such work”.
- Probably the premier luncheon club in Adelaide.
- Membership for both Ladies and Gentlemen.
- Excellent venue with 2-course lunch & wine.
- High quality after-lunch speakers – informative, knowledgeable, entertaining, and sometimes controversial. Never dull.
- No appearance fees paid to speakers.
- On average, 10 lunches a year with the occasional Sundowner in the summer months.
- Summer bus trip to a country region with refreshments on the way, lunch and a talk by a knowledgeable local identity.
- Both members and friends welcome to all events.
- Meet with friends and make new ones.
Membership is open to men & women, young & old, working or retired.
There are four categories of membership:
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to receive details of all our upcoming events.